Directions to Event HQ
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 December 2011 19:23
Directions SOUTH from Exeter (M5)
- Continue along the M5 to junction 31 where the road becomes the A38 at Kennford.
- Keep in the LEFT LANE signed A380 Torquay to ascend Telegraph Hill.
- At the top of the hill take the LEFT turn signed "Great Haldon".
- At the 'T' Junction turn RIGHT to cross the A380.
- At the next 'T' junction turn RIGHT and follow the road through Haldon Forest.
- Straight on at the mini roundabout
- First LEFT into Exeter Racecourse.
We would prefer that you did NOT attempt to use the junction at the top of HALDON HILL (A38) as this is a very tight left turn with very little advance warning. If you do find yourself ascending the A38 at Haldon, keep in the left lane and approach the junction slowly giving ample warning to other road users of your intention to turn left. At the mini roundabout turn RIGHT and then take the first LEFT into the racecourse. We will NOT be signing this route.
Directions NORTH from Plymouth (A38)
- Continue along the A38 past Chudleigh and ascend Haldon Hill.
- At the top of the hill take the LEFT just past the Winning Post Services (Little Chef) Signed 'Exeter Racecourse and Dunchideock".
- At the 'T' junction turn RIGHT andfollow the road under the A38.
- Take the next RIGHT into Exeter Racecourse.
Directions NORTH from Torbay & Newton Abbot (A380)
- Continue along the A380 until you reach the top of Telegraph Hill.
- Take the LEFT turn prior to the Texaco Garage signed 'Exeter Racecourse & Haldon' (also A38 Plymouth, Mamhead, Starcross).
- Follow the road through Haldon Forest.
- Go straight on at the mini roundabout.
- Take the first LEFT into Exeter Racecourse.
Exeter Racecourse Postcode for your SatNav is EX6 7XS