Moor 2 Sea Sportive 2014: Open for Entry
The Moor 2 Sea Sportive, now in its third year, will opens for entry on Monday 2nd December. Places are limited to 1000 and this event has always sold out so early registration is recommended. The 2014 edition of this awesome cycle challenge will take place from Exeter Racecourse on Saturday September 6th. Once again we offer you a choice of three routes, the 'Inspire' (37 miles / 60 km), the 'Challenge' (67 miles / 108 km), and the 'Extreme' (112 miles / 180 km).
This sportive uses electronic chip timing. We award Gold, Silver, or Bronze medals to all who complete their chosen route within the designated time limits for their age and gender category.
King of the Mountains - Haytor Hill Climb
The Challenge & Extreme routes both include a 'King of the Mountains' style, timed Hill Climb Stage on Haytor. Starting from Bovey Tracey, this iconic climb ascends 1,200 ft over a distance of 3.7 miles, finishing at the top car park. This is the same climb which has featured three times in the Tour of Britain. It is where the former Mid-Devon Cycle Club rider, John Tiernan-Locke, secured his KoM victory in 2011, and where, in 2013, the Devon stage secured its place in cycling history as the first ever hill top finish for a ToB stage.
This year we are proud to announce that Primal Europe are sponsoring our Haytor KoM stage. Everyone who completes the stage within 26 minutes will receive one of our prestigious KoM Pin Badges and this year we will have a top-of-the-range KoM cycle jerseys for the fastest ascent of the day for each of our age and gender Categories.
- Entry fees for the Moor 2 Sea Sportive Extreme or Challenge route is £36 (Including KoM stage).
- Entry to the Inspire route is £30.
What will I get for my Entry Fee?
- Secure Online entry and credit card payment facilities
- Regular email newsletter
- Registration pack posted out prior to the event ( No need to register on the day)
- Free car parking at Exeter Racecourse
- Electronic timing with disposable chip that you don't need to return after the ride
- Well signed and marshalled Routes
- Mechanical support
- Recovery Service (Rider & Bike back to HQ)
- First aid cover by VeloMed
- Feed Zones with High5 energy drink, Gels, and Bars - plus a selection of sweet and savoury foods
- Electronic Route Download for Bike Computer
- Gold, Silver or Bronze medals for age and gender category
- Event T-Shirt
- Cycle Exhibition at Racecourse Conference Centre
- Live On-Line Results & Instant Finish Print-Out
- Discount Post-Ride Massage Service
- Control Room for telephone support & assistance
- Post-Ride Recovery Drink (High5)
Once again we will have our charity Tombola Draw, Imensly popular in 2013, our Tombola will offer you the opportunity to win some fabulous prizes whilst supporting our very worthy charity partners.